In todays rapidly changing legal market, practices have to be extremely focussed on reporting, client services, document management and production, risk management and the ever-growing need to increase fee-earner productivity.
We are specialists in designing and implementing technology solutions based on the LexisNexis Visualfiles and Solcase products and technologies that can offer benefit to these systems, such as:
- Microsoft and Crystal reporting tools.
- Document Management tools.
- Practice Management with SOS Practice Manager software.
- XML and CSV data loading and manipulation.
- Integration with web-services.
- Integration with other 3rd-party software providers.
We are experienced with:
- Visualfiles and Solcase development (including temporary cover if required.)
- Integration of Visualfiles with other technologies.
- Project and development team management.
- Designing and planning system architecture.
- Progress database administration and management on Windows, UNIX and Linux environments.
- Management and application of Visualfiles and SOS patches and system upgrades.
Examples of work in the legal industry when contracted and also prior to the formation of vfDevelopers include:
- Managing legal software development teams (including handling offshore and contracted developers.)
- Design and development of real-time reporting solutions.
- High-volume document production and handling.
- User risk planning and management (especially when working with offshore staff.)
- Designing and building quasi-paperless environments (all file contents held and managed digitally) including scanning systems with OCR and automatic data import.
- Integrating Visualfiles and Solcase systems directly with banking systems for CHAPS/TT loading.
- Integrating Visualfiles and Solcase systems with web-services for postcode lookups and bank account checking.
- Analysis and automation of current business workflows.
- Using agile development methodologies and source-code control with Visualfiles solutions.
- Integration of Visualfiles and Solcase with text message and fax gateways.
- Deploying web-services solutions to allow customer communication directly to and from Visualfiles and Solcase environments.
If you feel some of the above knowledge could be applied to your business, or if you would like us to identify possibilities for increased automation in your practice, please get in touch!